Thursday, August 27, 2015

Video Production and Photography Youth Lab Aug. 21

I am sad to say that I participated in my last Digital Media Archive youth lab last Saturday. Andrew and I had prepared a PowerPoint presentation that talked about the basics of photography and the process of video production. We would have loved to spend more time working on video skills and developing a script; however, we only had a few hours in the lab. I presented on coming up with a concept, the importance of script writing and story boarding while Andrew talked about important camera settings, how to use the condenser microphone and key components when composing a shot. It brought me back to when Andrew and I were working together spring quarter in the Everett Video production lab. The youth enjoyed the hands on experience of filming, audio recording, being the subject of the video and acting as the "marker" between takes. Within the lab time were able to film short segments of each participant describing Kenneth Gardens in a few words. The video clips are in the editing process, so be on the look out for Andrew's post! For now, check out a few of my photos from the lab.

Cheers,
Jessica







No comments:

Post a Comment