Friday, August 21, 2015

Kenneth Gardens 8.21.15 (Carrots and Peas Video)

Hello Slugs in South Africa readers,

It's been awhile since I posted and hope everyone is doing well. I've done a bit since I last published a post. I'm living in Kenneth Gardens now. With someone who has lived in Kenneth Gardens over 40 years. Kenneth Gardens is municipal housing estate in Umbilo, South Africa. We've (Jessica Crosby and myself) have been working with two NPO's in the community of Kenneth Gardens and have photography and web content developing and coming soon to share. Something I've learned since being here is don't take WiFi for granted (we've been using are phones to create WiFi hot spots.) The second is Durban is Beautiful. A quote from a colleague and friend to prove the beauty of Durban “I'm going to move here.” - Tyler Spencer. Which leads me to the next update that Jessica, Tyler, and myself had the opportunity to come together and share project updates in person. Tyler was able to meet amazing leaders in The Kenneth Gardens community that work through passion to make a difference.
Here is a video I created featuring one of the NPO's Carrots and Peas:






Peace,
Andrew Blackwelder

No comments:

Post a Comment