Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I've made it!  

It's officially been one week since I've began my project working with Community Monitors Action Network in regions surrounding Johannesburg and things are moving quickly! I've visited the cities of Rustenburg and eMalahleni for introductions, everyone was so nice and excited to get started. 

There is much work that needs to be done, I was unaware at just how prevalent these mines were and the by-products are extremely evident. Luckily, the groups that I will be working with have already contributed so much to this ongoing effort to achieve change within their community. The mapping portion of the project is still young, but it is coming along. I will update the blog with the map and much more in coming posts. 



Rustenburg group! Minus Jay

Some of the untouched land at Retief's Kloof


No comments:

Post a Comment